Junior Backend Developer (m/f/d)
We believe digitalization is the key to disrupt one of the oldest industries in Germany, the wood industry. Driven by this opportunity, we are building the platform to buy, sell and manage wood products globally.
We are a team of entrepreneurs, purchasing experts, sales and process enthusiasts and combine functional expertise with digital background.
We are headquartered in Berlin and backed by well-known Business Angels and VC’s. Seeing the potential of this multi-billion dollar industry, fascinated by the multitude of sustainable use cases of timber and fueled by the growth, we are looking to expand our team. We are seeking for individualists, problem solvers, purpose driven, like-minded people who are motivated by the opportunity to change the way a whole industry is doing business in the future. Join our team and be an active driver, taking this legacy industry into the 21st century.
- Create a world-class timber trading platform for B2B clients
- Develop exciting new features for international clients in the wood and timber industry
- Work closely with the CTO and other founders of the company and help us digitalize this important industry
- Make sure our systems are robust and scalable, so they can grow with the company
- Challenge the existing tech stack, implement new processes, and prototype new technology
- Proven track record in developing and shipping customer products in a back-end environment
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres and REST API.
- Good understanding of software engineering best practices such as code reviews and clean code
- Self-driven attitude and the will to set the tech foundation for a growing company
- Experience with Git
- Fluent English (verbal & written)
Our Tech Stack
- Spring Boot
- REST API
- AWS (EC2, Beanstalk, RDS, Lambda and so on)
- PostgreSQL, JOOQ
- Tools we use: GitHub, Slack, Zoom, Notion, Datadog, Sentry
- Challenging, yet rewarding startup environment
- Open and transparent work culture, where your input shapes the future of the company
- Working with a strong and highly-skilled startup team in a truly agile environment – you can make a difference every day
- Freedom and responsibility to shape the tech stack of a seed-stage startup
- Company-wide hackathons
- Flexible working hours
- Join us in a nice office in the center of Friedrichshain (Berlin) or work from home.
- Team activities